An entrepreneurial operating system® (EOS) small business coach can help you take your company in the right direction. Using their knowledge of systems, specifically as they relate to entrepreneurial endeavors, EOS coaches can identify the aspects of your business that can be tweaked and improved for quick and successful scaling.
The EOS Process™
The EOS process is composed of strengthening six key components that come together to make a comprehensive system for your company. A holistic business model is integrated with business tools and processes to help you set and reach your goals.
- Vision: Everyone in your organization knows where you're going, the road to getting there and is entirely on the same page.
- People: You need great people to achieve great things with your business. You fill all roles with quality staff, whether they're front-line customer service or a C-level executive.
- Data: Gain objective insight into where things are through a data-driven approach. You can see concrete evidence of your operations without a filter of office politics or egos.
- Issues: An alignment in the first three components gives you clear visibility into the issues that your company faces. You put yourself in a position to eliminate them entirely.
- Process: You systemize your business by documenting the processes essential to operations. Everyone knows the steps they have to take for business tasks, and they have a clear blueprint to follow. Once you strengthen this area, you improve consistency and scalability.
- Traction: You gain the ability to execute your business vision and achieve the expected results. Discipline and accountability are necessary to maintain the traction you need for success. You see consistent growth when you keep on pace with the EOS process.
A Custom EOS Plan for Your Business
Your company has unique needs, and a one size fits all approach won't move you forward in the direction you want to go. Chris develops a custom EOS plan for your particular business. He identifies inefficient processes in your organization and implements replacements that are more efficient. His guidance also helps your business learn how to scale up over the long-term sustainably.
Put Your Business on a Growth Track in Two Years
EOS is a proven method that combines the right tools and processes at the right time to lead you to your expected business results. Chris' typical client is with him for 2 years, with five sessions annually. You get a 90-minute initial meeting, a focus day, two-day vision building and quarterly planning to put you on the right track to growth. Some organizations choose to keep the quarterly planning sessions on their calendar indefinitely, while others are comfortable continuing on their own after a year. You can choose whatever aligns best with your business needs.
How EOS Helps Your Business Measurably Grow
A big part of EOS is proper goal setting. You need quarterly business goals to keep your company focused. Otherwise, resources are spent on projects that fall through and inefficiencies grow at every level. At best, you maintain the status quo and keep a static client list. At worst, your company ends up on a decline.
If the only goal setting methods you have in place are goals that don't have a foundation in data or the resources to achieve them, you're doing more harm than good. EOS characterizes goals through the SMART system:
Under this system, you avoid lofty goals without a basis in reality or those that are so high level that they don't mean anything to the average staff member. "Doubling your revenue" might sound like an impressive objective to work towards, but not if you have no clear way of reaching that point.
Instead, you set smaller goals that are strategic priorities for your business. Each goal is the responsibility of a specific person, so you have accountability for the success of each project. This person doesn't have to do all the work by themselves, but they do have to stay on top of the project and answer for why things didn't get completed if something goes wrong. Typically, EOS uses a 90-day timeline for these objectives. Weekly reporting provides transparency on how everything is going. As you become better at goal setting, you see the business results build upon your past efforts. You bring everyone together each quarter to evaluate the next steps and create new goals for each team. No one gets stuck on a project that's slowly failing for months or years, and you allocate your resources in the most efficient manner for achieving results.
EOS also helps you set a clear vision for your company. You and the other leaders in your organization become more disciplined and accountable when running your business. Over time, you come together as a single cohesive unit. The rest of your people hear a unified voice that agrees on goals and the company vision. You end up with a healthy leadership and management core that guides your organization to success, rather than one that is held back by everyone's individual agendas.
To learn more about how EOS works, contact Chris today for a free 90-minute consultation!
To see how EOS small business training has helped other companies check out our case studies!
The Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) was created by Gino Wickman (Author of Traction-get a grip on your business) and is a registered trademark of EOS Worldwide. Chris Hallberg of Traction Inc. is a Certified EOS Implementer(tm) that helps business owners and their leadership teams get more of what they want from their business.